**TGIF** I survived my first round of intermediate algebra this week! Unfortunately I was quickly reminded of just how much I hate equations that involve fractions. Was I not listening in 3rd grade when we were supposed to learn that shiz or did I selectively remove the information from my brain at some point along the way? I have no idea, but I guess I'm going to have to figure it out! On a brighter note, here are a few of the things making my heart happy this week:
- This picture of Madi from our visit to the Children's Museum on Monday. When she's smiling she's usually also moving at maximum toddler speed so it's hard to capture her smiles on camera. I get so excited when I do!
- This week I finally filled out my application for nursing school, and am just waiting on some transcripts to arrive before I drop off my packet. Students are chosen via lottery and I'm not sure whether I'm more scared of being accepted -having an idea of the major time commitment/childcare issues/mental stress it's going to entail- or of not being accepted and maybe having to find myself a different path. Either way it feels good to be taking a shot at something I've worked toward for a long time.
- This pizza from FitMenCook. I was admittedly skeptical about the spinach/ground bison/goat cheese combo, but it was shockingly good. Seriously, I wouldn't joke about something as important as pizza! And this one is so much healthier than ordering delivery. Find the recipe here.
- This t-shirt from MoodCatz on Etsy. Pretty much sums up how I feel most days!
- Save Dat Money! The song is a few months old, but I just heard it for the first time the other day when it came on a Pandora station my husband was listening to. A rap about taking advantage of "free trial memberships" and turning off the lights when you leave a room? I'm in. The official music video is pretty entertaining, but has some explicit lyrics. Doesn't bother me since I have a mouth like a sailor, but this link is to the clean version of the song.
- The Wild Rose by Jennifer Donnelly (book 3 of the Tea Rose trilogy). I totally geeked out last month and went to a book sale at our local library where I found a novel called The Winter Rose. It was one of those books that just sucks you right in and I didn't realize until I'd finished that it was actually the middle book of a trilogy. If you like history, drama and interesting characters with a dash of romance, these books are great! The Tea Rose is the first book of the three, and the one I haven't read yet.
Happy Friday, guys! What are you loving this week?