Time for the super fun monthly link-up with Breanna from My Beautiful Crazy Life ...
Me, Myself & I
1. When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up? When I'm sad, stressed or out-of-my-mind frustrated I have a couple of go-to's: an intense run reminds me that I'm strong enough to get through anything...and the endorphins don't hurt! If I can't manage a run, Redrageous Mike & Ikes are a pretty good fix...what is it about red candy?? Skittles, starburst...red is where it's at. (Sorry, got a little off track there.) Lastly, Travis is my absolute best picker-upper. He can always get me to smile, no matter how bad the situation.
2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer? I'd be a 1920's girl for sure: the 20's seem like such a carefree, innocent time. And all those cute little flapper dresses and hats...love! Plus, I mean, I'd be totally edgy for a 20's girl. ;-)
3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn? Oh I love me some Halloween. It's probably my fave holiday ever, and not just for the candy. Sadly, as much as I love dressing up, I'm pretty lacking in costume-creativity...I did have fun with my Black Widow (an excuse to wear a vintage hat and carry a flask of "poison" aka Jack Daniels) and then there was the Naughty Sheriff. So yeah....I have some creative friends though!
4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told: 1. I can't sing (we're talking literally, like a one octave range) but I was in a Women's Concert Choir when I was 19. I actually had to audition for it. How did that happen? 2. I absolutely hate -make that loath- walking barefoot on wet grass. 3. I have texture issues: foods like spinach and tapioca completely freak me out. 4. I still have my wisdom teeth...sometimes. They actually come and go. I guess it's not super uncommon, but how weird is it to be teething at my age?? 5. I have 6 piercings and 3 tattoos. And I'm a non-drug using functional member of society. Lol
5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self? Be confident! It's okay to make mistakes! Stop stressing so much about the future...ultimately you're going to have a great life so relax and enjoy the ride! Oh, and whatever you do, don't let mom give you that home perm. It'll make you look like a sheep dog. Trust me on this one.