1. What is your biggest phobia? Oh, ew...spiders, for sure. So much so, that I don't even particularly like talking about it...but, **funny story** I got home from work late one night when I was living alone. As soon I flipped on the entry-way light I saw it: a huge -huge I tell you!- wolf spider reared back on its hind legs all aggressive-like. It was so big and creepy my dogs just watched from a safe distance...wouldn't even get involved. (Jerks, aren't you supposed to be protecting me??) Well, I ran for the can of Raid I keep under the kitchen sink, because are you kidding? No way was I going after that beast with a tissue. And OMG...the Raid was empty. Empty! So I grabbed Windex. Lysol. A bottle of tire shine. (Yeah, I know that's not a normal under-the-sink item but anyway.) I let him have it...gave that wolf spider a good cleaning. Shined him up real nice. And he would not die. He would not even acknowledge my vain attempts to best him until at last I was forced to bring out the Big Gun: Resolve Upholstery Cleaner. Yes ma'am, that one did the trick, and my enemy finally curled up in surrender! And then in the midst of gloating over my victory I realized: my overzealous use of upholstery cleaner as a weapon had completely stripped the stain off my oak entertainment center. Ah well, can't win em all.
On closer inspection...I was scared of that? He looks like a
2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why? Tough one! There are a few days I'd love to live over for sheer happiness. But if I absolutely had to choose one, I think I'd be about four or five years old, spending the day with Grandma (miss that lady--she passed away a few years ago) She'd make me her famous chicken noodle soup (and force me to wear a giant plastic ducky bib while eating it, but that's ok...lol) we'd play outside with her Brittany Spaniel Suzy Q, walk to the park, get icecream from the icecream truck...looking back I appreciate the time I spent with my Grandmother so much!
3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what would it be and why? I never thought I'd say this, because frankly, turning 30 was traumatic...but in retrospect it's a pretty awesome age: old enough to know who you are and what you want but young enough to rock your curves and (nearly) wrinkle-free skin. If I could turn the clock back a couple years and stop it, I totally would!
4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for? Ha! I've been told a couple of times that I looked like Sarah Michelle Gellar (Who I totally adore, btw! Can't wait for season 2 of Ringer...) but those were on very, very good days. Generally I'm completely un-celebrity-like. I just look like...me!
5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Starting when I was 12 years old and became obsessed with Bobby Brown's "Every Little Step," (Don't judge...I was twelve...lol) music has seen me through the highest highs and the lowest lows. It's almost impossible to narrow it down! My soundtrack would include pretty much every song by Social Distortion and country singer Wade Bowen, plus a few like Trust Company's "Stronger," Shinedown "I Dare You," "Cool" by Gwen Stefani and right now? "Lucky" by Jason Mraz.
Thanks for stopping by! Now go on over and link up!
Hi, I'm Jenn! Welcome to my blog about life, love, raising a toddler and trying to keep myself sane. Chances are, I just made a fresh pot of coffee and there's more than enough for both of us...so stick around!