Is anybody out there?
Holy crap, it's been a long time. How have you all been?? I can't wait to get caught up on all my fave blogs and see what everyone's up to out there in blogland.
In my last post -jeez about a billion years ago now- I had just celebrated the end of singledom at a super fun bachelorette party. Since then, a few things have happened:
1. I got married (Well duh, you're probably saying, and I don't blame you. More on the wedding in a bit.) and spent a fun-filled 5 days in Sin City.
2. I broke not one, but two toes in the space of two weeks. Ouch! I have most certainly not been defying gravity lately, as my friend Chris aptly pointed out.
3. I started the infamous "50 Shades" trilogy, and boy am I feeling ambivalent about it! On the one hand, I feel like the character development is pretty lacking and no amount of steamy love scenes makes up for that, IMO. On the other hand, I'm completely addicted! Go figure.
4. I booked our honeymoon for next month. Woot! Not Costa Rica as originally planned, but since I've never been to Hawaii, Maui should make for a fun adventure.
5. My car was attacked on the way home from work Friday night by a ginormous raccoon who clearly did not look both ways before crossing the road. Poor Ricky didn't make it, and neither did my bumper.
So...Vegas, baby, Vegas! (Please tell me you've seen Swingers?!) and the wedding of course...what a weekend! We flew over with Travis's family (parents, brother and brother's girlfriend) on the Thursday before our Saturday ceremony. Everyone was in good spirits and everything went smoothly with the airline. Not a single one of our 15+ suitcases and golf bags decided to take a separate flight. Whew! I'll admit, ever since Southwest lost one of my bags a few year ago (briefly, but long enough to give me heart palpitations) I've been a wee bit paranoid at the baggage claim. Ok, a lot bit paranoid. But this time there wasn't even the hint of a problem. From the Vegas airport the six of us hopped into a limo with our thousand pounds of luggage to head on over to the MGM Grand. Now, I may have looked all cool and collected on the outide, but I don't mind telling you that riding in a limo get me all excited and giddy on the inside. Girls, I was homeschooled and I can count the number of times I've been in a limo on one hand.
After checking into our fabulous suite -which I'm pretty sure was larger than the first apartment Travis and I shared- we took another limo to the courthouse to get a marriage license. It took all of 5 minutes. Who knew it was so easy to get married??
Holy cow. Things were finally getting real and I was getting nervous! We ended the evening with a big family dinner (and a cocktail or two) at Smith & Wolensky's Steak House. It was delicious, rowdy and fun. Just what we needed to relax. The view from our suite at night was amazing...
Well, I have lots more to share with you, and lots 'n lots of pics to post, but I think this is a good start. It's great to be back, and now it's my turn to see what you all have been blogging about for the past few weeks!
Ciao for now!