Well my brain is basically fried after 2 hours of doing terrible things to logarithms today (don't ask.) But, I've missed blogging regularly and even a frazzled brain can handle a simple list, right? Maybe?
1. I just (like 5 minutes ago) finished reading The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams. Can I just tell you that book completely sucked me in, took up pretty much all my free moments and was definitely a contributing factor to my lack of blogging the last couple weeks! If you hadn't guessed, it gets two thumbs up from me, you guys. If you enjoy a good mix of drama, scandal and mystery as much as I do then you should probably check it out. Like, immediately. Next on my reading list is Me Before You, a book I bought about a million years ago and then put off reading because *spoiler alert* it apparently has a sad ending. I freaking hate sad endings! But now it's been made into a movie and the movie looks kind of adorable, so clearly I'm going to have to get over it and get cracking.
2. Speaking of drama, have you been watching Southern Charm?? It's been nicely filling the void left in my heart (and my DVR) by the ending of The Bachelor and the wait for The Bachelorette season premier. Honestly, the show would probably be kind of a snooze-fest of nice, relatively boring, upper-class southern people hosting oddly themed parties if it weren't for the resident ginger Kathryn -who is gorgeous and either smartly calculating or completely cray cray- but either way the source of most of the drama and scandal that are really the whole point of watching reality TV in the first place. So, thank you, Kathryn. Without you I'd be left to patch the holes in my heart with reruns of Forensic Files and Snapped.
3. For some reason I never wear tennis shoes unless I'm working out or going for a hike. But I've been seeing a ton of cute outfits featuring tennis shoes on Pinterest lately, so I think maybe it's time to work them into my real-life wardrobe. I started by wearing my silver and white Nikes and a basic white tee (not exactly a huge fashion risk, but whatevs) to take Madi to Discovery Kingdom last Friday. I have to say, I'm kind of loving the fact that comfort is having a trendy moment.
4. I've been following Jen at peopleIwanttopunchinthethroat.com for quite awhile because she is absolutely hilarious. This week I pretty much died at her post poking fun at Me-ternity leave. Preach it, sister!
5. I should be finding out sometime this month if my application was chosen in the nursing school lottery for the fall semester. I'm currently crossing all the fingers and all the toes while I play the waiting game, so wish me luck!